Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - PTS Remote start from OEM Fob
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 01:52 AM   #63
revnull
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95972
What I Drive: 2012 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 revnull Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaToX View Post
I believe what they are saying towards the Data-to-Data on the 3 x lock is that there is no manual input to trigger it. Only reads it through the data of the car.
I think I understand. The DB-ALL is listening on the HSCAN for the 3xlock to trigger the start?

Quote:
Sorry not to sure on what you are asking about on the Start / Ignition connections. I do see that the Gray feeds back the the Yellow/Red through a diode to prevent feedback?
At the time I was thinking that if I needed a separate start module, why would the DB-ALL have wires to the ignition? I think I get it now.

Side question... does the DB-ALL typically come with the protection diodes and 12v relay or will I have to source those separately?

Quote:
Your shopping list is complete, you don't need a Smart start module. That is optional if you want to be able to start you car with your phone once you have installed the unit. ( Mind you there is subscription fees with smartstart)
Very cool! I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this one. Maybe even document the process and post it here.