Originally Posted by Woggy64
Has anyone been able to get the MFT to read a text message on an iPhone 4S? I was hoping after the 3.5.1. this might work for me, but :(
Yes. You have to make sure your using the latest IOS6. Then follow this crazy procedure. lol
To receive texts on an iPhone with iOS6 try this (note I did a master reset the night before but don't know that it is necessary):
1) Delete your phone from the car. Delete Sync from your phone.
2) Turn the phone off and on again (just off/on, Turn the car off and on again.
** Don't know if the above two are necessary either but I figured why not start "clean".
3) Pair your phone fresh w/MFT. Let it do its thing (phonebook loading, voicemail #, 911 assist, etc.)
4) On your phone, turn BT off. Turn it on again.
5) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen to reconnect BT.
6) Go into the settings screen for Sync (little arrow to the right of Sync).
7) Set Notifications to "On".
8) Back up a screen and turn BT off again. Turn it back on.
9) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen again to reconnect to BT.