Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Oil Leak: Dealer said Ford stated This is NORMAL
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #89
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 2012 Focus View Post
After 3+ days in the shop to fix the leak between the engine and the transmission, I have the car back. The paperwork does not specify that TSB 11-12-13 was performed but the text lists the steps that are in TSB 11-12-13 and the parts list is the same with one exception - the cluth assembly is BV6Z-7B546-B instead of BV6Z-7B546-A. I'm assuming since the TSB came out, the part was revised (hopefully for the better).

On the drive after picking the car up, I noticed the follwing:

1) The clutch was very grabby in the parking lot at low speed.
2) The transmission made no noise during any shift.
3) The shifts were a little harsh to start but by the end of the drive they had calmed down.
4) On my way home from work where I travel up and down different hills, the car did not seem to have difficulty with them - it seemed to be in the apprporiate gear and the transmission did not cause a shudder as it would have before the replacement.

Hopefully this is my last post on this subject. Only time will tell.

Mine was the exact same way in every detail. This was a couple months ago and to this day my transmission shifts PERFECTLY!. It always matches speed with the right gear, never bogs and if you need to slightly increase speed it will upshift smoothly and holds the gears through acceleration. You should also notice it pulls way harder from full throttle or passing on the highway.