View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #70
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74686
What I Drive: '03 ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 Mile30 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Holy SH!T!!! I fried a 40a maxi fuse attempting to wire up a push-button starter the day after these things came in the mail, so I didn't get a chance to drive with the "bushings" installed until today... call 'em what you want: best feeling $40 I've spent on this car (and I have MSRP in this bitch in upgrades!!!)...

From the word go the feeling is different. There's an almost imperceptible amount of movement with the stock setup, that slop is GONE! The shift feel is positive, definitive, and solid! I blew up my MTX75 banging gears on road courses (because I was young/and the shifter seemed to find the gear no matter how hard I shoved the stick), and since swapping to an SVT setup; the shifter had this little bit of "wiggle room" that was innocuous in daily driving, but wide as a chasm when driving enthusiastically... so I just gave up on being able to hit the shifts as confidently as I'd known when the car was fresh: NOT THE CASE any longer! The fit and finish is second to none, as well. The lower bushings fit into the corresponding mounting points so well I had to gently press a few of them in (with a little *click*), and they stayed put while I reinstalled the shifter base! The car even seems to engage faster, but I know in the back of my head that's just the miniscule amount of movement I've grown accustomed to having to wait a thousandth of a second to reengage the gear for...

WOW! This should've been the way Ford did it!

Before:

Install pics:

After:

Secksyness!!!!!!!