Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #1709
SportyChick
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104205
What I Drive: 2012 FocusTitanium Hatchback - sold

FF Reputation: 1 SportyChick Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
At my suggestion, Ford service lined me up with a Focus identical to mine mechanically, and I've been driving it for a week since mine has been in the shop to deal with its ills.

The loaner is great. NO stumbles, stutters, judders, jerks or sudden power cutoff, and it picks the right gear about every time.
For good measure, I'm getting 2-3 mpg better mileage than my own car, driven on the same roads and the same loops thru' town, etc.

Something sure as hell wrong with mine, and I just hope they can find it and fix it. Clutches are reputedly being replaced.
Moon
That's exactly my situation right now.

I've been driving a loaner all week which is same year as mine, 2012 but this one is the SE sedan and I have the Titanium hatchback. The loaner drives like what I would expect mine to do but doesn't and this loaner gets much better mileage than mine. I've been driving the exact same route and haven't changed my driving habits and this car gets significantly better mileage.

Not sure when I'll get my car back, they're waiting for parts to replace the clutches.