Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #1705
Tonybaloney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87335
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Metallic Hatch Sel

Points 149, Level 2
Points: 149, Level: 2 Points: 149, Level: 2 Points: 149, Level: 2
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Tonybaloney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So I scheduled my transmission fix, again. I was told this time around the tranmission would be taken out, etc., etc. Below is the message I sent to the Ford Reps on the board here. Within minutes I got a message back from Cory in the Service Dept. Same day I received a call from Mark at Ford's Service Dept. with a incident number. They've contacted my dealer and are keeping an eye on things. The dealer said they've had about a half dozen with the full workup (PCM flash AND seal/part replacement) and haven't heard of any problems yet. Crossing my fingers. But seriously, if you're having this issue, PM the Ford Reps on here and they'll get it taken care of.

~I had the TSB update that was released many months back. I definitely noticed a different power curve. However since then I have noticed several issues occurring.

1st through 3rd shifts are rough and shudder all the time.

When accelerating to 2nd or 3rd and then slowing down the dropoff in power is so significant that my passengers and I literally fly forward. Its almost like the flywheel is so light that it cannot slow the RPMs at a comfortable rate.

4th gear is non-existent. The RPM's decrease from 3rd to 4th as it should but do not increase at all and then decrease to 5th which does increase and then to 6th.

Randomly the transmission will hesitate a shift so severely that the car loses power completely. I wish it were predictable so I could reproduce it for a mechanic. But being so random it is so very unsafe.