Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Agreed haha, don't need to root/flash or anything, pure android already has an unlocked bootloader and everything.

Though this just goes to show that manufacturer implementation/optimization is important and does make a difference.
Yeah, the carriers continue to load their bloat-ware on these things which have caused me to root my androids in the past in order to get rid of them. The really hog a lot of resources. Happily I've been able to easily remove them from the 8X without any pain. This and it always delays the release of updates as each carrier then tailors the OS to their needs (not ours) before they release it. Once the carriers/manufacturers stop supporting each device (so you will then want the latest and greatest device) I too have looked to the boys at XDA to prolong the life of each of them.

I too like my android devices, they're a lot more sophisticated than way back when (I think they really got with it with GB). But the way Windows 8 works now is a lot more akin to Linux, at least it seems to me. I really like how it only loads the basis of operational needs (which means it comes up a heck of a lot faster), unloads what you close and its backwards capability. Really nice and they're carrying the OS across their platform.

Now, if the RT version can only replace the CE stuff, we'd all be much happier with MFT.

Just an opinion, not looking to be roasted.

Joe