Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - What Model Focus Do You Drive?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #871
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 47 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gello88 View Post
The 2000 model had the most recall. Battery cable issues, wiper issues, seatbelt issues, engine mount issues, rear wheel bearing issues (that could cause the bearing to wear out prematurely because of poor sealing and cause the wheel to fly out at high speeds). The model had at least 10 recalls. They were mostly addressed in the following model years. In terms of the engine though the engine is brilliant, it's still chugging smoothly to this day, my transmission is kinda old and slips occasionally but i dont care about that, it's a 13 year old car. Safety wise, its good now the bearings are new, I replaced the engine mount which was interesting because when I bought the replacement part from Ford, they gave me a redesigned one, clearly the original design was flawed.>>>>As far as the recalls= not as bad as the '95 Contour/Mystic's<<<<

The only problem left with my car really is that I got an oil leak and a coolant leak. The coolant leak is most likely the t-stat housing which was cheaply engineered by Ford but that was then. Easy to replace so no biggie. Lastly, the engine needs timing to recapture some efficiency. With all that said, the 2000 Ford Focus was one of the most unreliable car in its class but it did something Honda, Toyota, or any other brands didn't do and that was giving the car a great timeless appeal and great driving dynamics that made its rivals' performance look anemic compared to the Focus :)
The Focus platform is awesome & It is & was shared w/ Volvo, Mazda & its still going.
Interduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131