Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Which Ford Focus for autocross
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #15
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2009 BMW 335i

Points 36,161, Level 100
Points: 36,161, Level: 100 Points: 36,161, Level: 100 Points: 36,161, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
lol at your last statement. No worries, that's why we are on the forum to either learn more information or to help others not in the know.

So, you are trying to beat out a really decked out Mazda2 ... we have a real great driver in our division here in Houston, TX ... well actually 2. One drives a very very heavily modified Mazda2 and the other guy a Mini. And I drive my SVT Focus. To tell you the truth, we are all leap frogging each other each month. This year I took them out more than they me, so for the year, I won on the points.

Though the Mazda2 is much lighter than the focus, our power and weight distribution help lots. I haven't weighed my SVTF in a while, but I know I am around the 2700 marker.

If you go with the 08, make sure you get a tune. The last person in our group drove an 08 at AutoX and the tune just killed him, not exactly sure why, but when I drove his car for one of the runs, it just didn't pick up as well as my SVT.

To tell you the truth, it's all about the driver. There is a very fast lady in H-Stock that is beating out of the competition in her VW Rabbit. Very quick. And not very far from us in STF, with out racetires (which they can use in Stock class). She is on Direzzas.

Ray
Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.