Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #218
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101029
What I Drive: 2012 oxford white sel, H2, F-150

FF Reputation: 1 Ysteven Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87astro View Post
I just bought a used 2012 Focus two weeks ago, this stuttering and now a grind noise between 1st and 2nd and having a loss of power going up any hills is pretty bad. I took it to a Ford dealer for "the works" and asked about it and was told since I didn't buy it from them it was my problem not theirs, including the peeling metal on my steering wheel that has sliced my finger, I'm starting to think this was a HUGE mistake. Wouldn't the 5 year 50,000 power train warranty cover the transmission even if its used? Any and all help is appreciated, thank you!
I don't know how warranty contracts works. I thought warranty transfers no matter who ones and who buys. Usually it's 3y-36k bumper to bumper and 5y-50 power train. I would suggest to contact your seller and ask him if they had warranty at all. I my case: I bought it new 3 towns over, cause they had Sel and color was right. And I can stop by at any dealer. Unless I misunderstood what dealer told me.