Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Taking our lumps from Consumer Reports ...
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #52
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm guessing if CR gave the Focus a glowing rating ... that most here would be saying ... "see ... even CR, whose data comes from ACTUAL OWNERS, says our cars are great ... I love CR ....", but since CR identified two OBVIOUS trouble spots (that every other reviewer has as well) and gave the car a black circle ... they now suck. I don't know of ONE publication that gave the DCT or MFT good reviews .... NOT ONE. If you do ... LINK IT here please.

From my experience, looking back on the last 20 years or so of my car ownership, and comparing the data in CR vs my personal experience .... their data has been dead on perfect in terms of trouble areas, and approximately when they occur.

Regarding the veterinarian's comments ... I wholeheartedly agree with CR on that as well ... I've switched vets twice in the last 5 years for the exact reasons that they explain. Maybe YOU don't run your business that way, but MOST VETS DO. Rather than whine about the veterinary review, the veterinary association would be better served changing their practices to giving reasonable animal care, and not employ the totally unnecessary cash-sucking practices that many vets employ.

REV