Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - because 70mm turbo...
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #20
IH84DZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101801
What I Drive: 03 CD silver SVT 5 door

FF Reputation: 5 IH84DZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
from reading more they also dont come with injectors, pump. tuning, etc. and there was something about needing a tubular "k" member too to clear components.
otherwise enjoy th 300 somethimg hp w/o fuel upgrades... and you still have to fork over for tune time yet.
this cheap kit isn't sounding so cheap anymore...k member, fuel pump, injectors, tuning unit, custom dyno tune, upgrade to good turbo
You get what you pay for and I frankly admire the fact that he is willing to piece together all but the piping and compressor. Having the $ to buy a "bolt-on turbo setup-in-a-can" is almost as impressive as the skill required to assemble it.

I can think of 3 people that run these kits - two in a fox and one in a SN95. None of which have issues but then again all three aren't new to modding a car.

OP - for the turbo and piping alone the price is decent. Make sure you do your homework with pump volume, line diameter, injector flow rate and MAF management.