Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Taking our lumps from Consumer Reports ...
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 01:37 AM   #39
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
not to gloat but got a manual and its smoooooooth as honey. As problematic and rough as the DCT is, double the opposite and you have how much of a sweetheart the 5-spd is. F 6th gear if that development money went to improving the 5, its almost flawless. CR can suck my tool for not giving separate ratings for the manual.

Sync lady is a whore sometimes but newest MFT update and its been spot on. For the first time and very skeptically I tried finding different navi destinations via voice commands. With 2 minutes of coaching by Sync slut, it picked up the right names on the first try for each. It brings a lot to the look of the interior, huge!, has tons of capability, but is a little slow on feedback. A little patience and its not even an issue. And dont forget, its all software updates. your not stuck with the same glitchy interface, they release updates and its gotten muuuuuch better from the horror stories on here.

I bought a '12 with Sync but avoided MFT and the DCT as a result of initial CR and C/D reviews with frustrating buggy interface and chattering clutches, (before CR even gave official reliability ratings). Ford is incompetent for releasing this transmission as such, however you are just as responsible if you didnt do your homework. New MFT updates and NVH revisions for the '13, and reviews indicated improvement. Just traded up to a '13 with MFT and what do you know? not half bad, just as they said. No surprises, exellent car.

Consumer Reports never mentioned this car handles like an old school BMW yet rides and feels like a Lexus.

Last edited by e30og; 12-13-2012 at 01:46 AM. Reason: add extra