Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Taking our lumps from Consumer Reports ...
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #35
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
Let me try to address several of the responses:
-Cars as 'investments'; my notion has always been to buy wisely, take care of a car, and hope for a decent tradein 5 years later...obviously, you're going to lose money on it, but the object is to minimize the loss
If you call investment a deal where you lose by default (you only have some control over how much is the loss)... well, we have different views about what an investment is and it is just fine with me. No more comments here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
-Vehicles as 'appliances'; if you hold your car and your refrigerator in equal esteem (well, the fridge does keep my keg cold), you must not take much pleasure in driving, or else you really like your appliances. ...
The fridge or the TV ... and the car, all are appliances in my view. (Like your computer also). I never said I don't like it or that I have no pleasure driving my Focus. You do have a narrow view about things if you associate "appliance" with "boredom". That’s also fine with me, but please, don't assume you know anything about me when I said nothing to make you feel that your assumption’s valid.
---------changed for--------------
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1