Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Taking our lumps from Consumer Reports ...
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #31
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The rest of the marks may be positive, but issues with the TRANSMISSION are huge! It is a major part of the vehicle, it is "the feel" of the vehicle. So If it got a black dot solely based on MFT, I would agree that is ridiculous. Since the transmission is junk though, I feel CR was right with their review. Once again, even if Ford is covering repairs, this should not even be occuring on someones brand new car. I am fed up myself with my steering problems...I do not have the time to constantly be going back to the dealer and I am sure most people feel the same way. When buying a new car a person expects for it to be (major)problem free for years. I personally do not care about the resale value as long as it works correctly for me. In my case, it does not. Now I am stuck with a car with issues and no resale value. great.