Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Taking our lumps from Consumer Reports ...
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #26
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
So if I understand this correctly, the Focus scored well in areas like engine, body integrity, brakes, electrical, etc. but because of a small ding for the DCT and a big ding for MFT the entire car gets a full black spot? Even though MFT is an option? I've never understood this about CR and can't help but think there's a hidden agenda out there.

Actually, I'm delighted the DCT score that well, based on the posts here.
You are greatly underestimating the problems of the DCT. There is a reason almost unanimously EVERY car review gives the DCT a bad review. These are car mags that review hundreds of cars a year. There are other DCT's out there which do not act like ours. Not to mention the problems with the seals failing and the parts being backordered (because most likely thousands if not tens of thousands will have to be replaced). Yes, Ford is covering the repair, but this should not be happening in the first place. Even after the repairs people are experiencing a grinding sound. Not good. My family has owned many Ford's in the past, I myself owning 2 other Ford's (2002 explorer, 2006 escape) with no issues besides regular maintenance.

This Focus seems to have major problems transmission wise right out of the gate. Not a good start. As they say, first impressions are the most important.

I have not had a problem with my transmission yet at ~9,100 miles, but my steering is a POS after getting the new steering rack because of TSB 12-2-17. This too should not have happened.