Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Taking our lumps from Consumer Reports ...
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #23
paul21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87707
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 0 paul21 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've had 3 different versions of transmission software in my car, each update requiring a dealer visit. I've had 4 different MFT versions in my car, one requiring a dealer visit. I can't be the only one that's gone through this, and this is just the indisputable reliability issues where Ford comes out and admits problems and a fix. CR is spot on.

Those who argue the DCT is good are just buying what they're being sold by Ford. Just like in the 90's and early 2000's where Detroit kept focusing on gas guzzling giants despite the consumer market requesting something more fuel efficient. You're convinced you need the DCT just like people were convinced they needed large vehicles. Consumers want a fuel efficient smooth shifting transmission. The Fusion has it. The Camry has it. The Civic has it. Why not the Focus? "Well MY DCT works just fine!" -- Great, but when you pan out the problems with the Focus vs the competition, the Focus's DCT is terrible in the reliability segment, whether your car is fine or not.

And to those who try to discredit CR, whether CR's opinion is valid or not, millions of consumers reference CR as fact and use that when shopping. That influential power alone makes CR's opinions worth something.