Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - turn off lights auto when turn off car
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #17
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

Points 16,915, Level 83
Points: 16,915, Level: 83 Points: 16,915, Level: 83 Points: 16,915, Level: 83
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 31 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanivdan98 View Post
hi

i have ford focus 2012 model and when i turn off the car and the lights are in auto model the lights are not turn off and stay on..

how can i automatically turn off the lights after X seconds when i turn off the car and automatically turn on the lights when i turn on the car?

note that in my previous chevy cruze it was possible..

thanks alot

on your steering wheel, you should have a button that says okay and has arrows. use the arrows to select the menu. then select headlights. then you can set the delay for up to 20 seconds or not at all. i just set mine for 20 seconds. mine used to be set for 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flingwing1969 View Post
The U.S. Focus is not equipped with daylight running lights (DRL - lights that stay on during the day). There is considerable discussion here as to whether or not the BCM can be reset to turn on the DRL feature in our cars without modification to hardware. If you want DRLs there are several options out there, including modifying your fog lights to run of an ignition on power source so they will turn on/off with your ignition key. It is a minor wiring cut/reconnect but should be done carefully by someone who is knows how. You could get a Canadian Focus too - DRLs are required there.
incorrect sir. my car was equipped with DRL's. US built, but with Canadian setup as my car was previously a rental car. I had a technician at the Ford dealer I work at go into the BCM and turn the feature off. Took him about 40 minutes and my headlights are no longer on all the time.