Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Taking our lumps from Consumer Reports ...
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #18
JasDmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105501
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti Hatch Sterling Grey

Points 199, Level 3
Points: 199, Level: 3 Points: 199, Level: 3 Points: 199, Level: 3
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 JasDmw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I once was a loyal CR follower, but over the years one can see that they are not without fault as well. Many times a black dot car one year bcomes a no dot car the next and vice-versa. Similar models with different nameplates (ie, chevrolet, pontiac, buick) ranked differently; things like that. I used to look forward to filling in the surveys. There is an art to asking the questions. I found theirs to be severely lacking and wide open to opinion. I don't recall questions specifically, but their questioning was generally vague. You were asked if a problem was major or minor without any guidelines as to what was considered major or minor; it was left to your own opinion. Therefore, a slight flaw to one person could be a major issue to another. In the end, they are trying to get scientific and minimize the judgement calls, but they still do rely on that too much in my opinion. I'd be willing to bet that in 3 years they will rank this car pretty high. My '13 is pretty flawless so far (touch wood) and once more of us learn/understand how the tranny works and Ford fixes more of those legacy 3rd party software issues, this car will be recognized for what it is; pretty damn good (I hope)!