Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Cruise control issue.
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #47
AJ_BS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95722
What I Drive: 2012

FF Reputation: 1 AJ_BS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
As you can see from my post in May here I have had this issue for months.

Took it to the dealer their tech experienced the issue. They have no ideas and told me Fords service/tech line gave them no ideas so they reflashed the ECU. My dealer then told me it was working. I was doubtful.

Picked up the car last Thursday night, cruise control has failed to activate all but once. I drive the car a ton for work and try to engage CC 3-5x daily. No dice.

I call the service writer Friday and he tells me he has to call Fords tech dep't again that he would call me Monday.

I just got off the phone with him, I had to call him its now Wednesday and I heard nothing. He tells me the technician will need the car for an extended period of time. They need to "look at certain parameters while its not working". I told him he already had the chance to do so.

This is the stuff that infuriates me. He even wanted me to leave my car up to 1 week. Makes me want to call and cancel the extended warranty If this is the $hit I have to deal with on any issues. I even told him about the clock spring but of course we are the idiots.