Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Sync services is awesome!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #13
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
That used to be true on the 2012 models when there was more flexibility with the options matrix and an additonal trim level between the SE and the Titanium, but now with their streamlined assembly process and order matrix if you want a hatchback with rear disk brakes an alloy wheels you have to have leather seats in the U.S. You also have to have MFT to get the dual zone automatic climate control where as in 2012 it was standard on the SEL which came standard with the 4.2" sync w/ myford system without the siruis reciever.

Now you're funneled into one of a few large and expensive option packages to get what you want.

If I had to replace the car tomorrow for some ungodly reason the only Focus I can see myself going with is the ST, but it would probably have to be the base ST to avoid MFT and to avoid spending $4000 for options I don't really need or want. But that would also mean giving up the heated seats and the dual zone climate control.

My car is very rare for the fact that it was a one year only model, a one year only combination of features, and a one year only color. None of which could be replaced in 2013.

To equip the car the same way would cost thousands of additional dollars due to the other equipment that would be manditory to match or exceed this level of equipment.
I just had a follow-up thought with respect to my last comment. There may be another reason for why more "customizable" options were available in 2012 than with 2013 models. As 2012 was the first model year, it would seem logical that Ford was evaluating what options, combination of options and colors were most popular. At some point they obviously made changes to the option packages, so I can only assume it was based on the previous model year statistics. Just a thought.