Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Sync services is awesome!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #10
JasDmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105501
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti Hatch Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 JasDmw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
Really? That's unfortunate. I suppose it will be available in Canada eventually, but I am rather surprised it's not already. I suspect this has more to do with Microsoft than it does with Ford since all the services such as stock quotes, weather, traffic, etc are all based on U.S. There's no reason that I can see why it couldn't be offered in Canada, other than Microsoft just hasn't developed the database of information for that market yet.

Who really knows what the answer is, but I do know this; it makes for a complete info-tainment package. Typically these are the kinds of things that I could care less about. I always buy my cars with Navigation and XM radio if available, but now that I have all the other features of Sync services, I think that has set a new standard in terms of minimal required equipment on my part.
I'm told it is due to our crappy cell providers and the cost. As I understand it, Sync will communicate constantly with the cell network. That would chew up the precious few MBs we get with our crappy plans up here. In the US, the plans are generally unlimited so it's not a big deal. As I understand it, after a few ginormous cell bills, folks complained and Ford shut it down.