Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Sync services is awesome!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #8
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
Really? That's unfortunate. I suppose it will be available in Canada eventually, but I am rather surprised it's not already. I suspect this has more to do with Microsoft than it does with Ford since all the services such as stock quotes, weather, traffic, etc are all based on U.S. There's no reason that I can see why it couldn't be offered in Canada, other than Microsoft just hasn't developed the database of information for that market yet.

Who really knows what the answer is, but I do know this; it makes for a complete info-tainment package. Typically these are the kinds of things that I could care less about. I always buy my cars with Navigation and XM radio if available, but now that I have all the other features of Sync services, I think that has set a new standard in terms of minimal required equipment on my part.
it's also a 'distance' issue w/ sync not being avail. in canada.. I live right on the border and when i go into canada my sync works but only for the first 60k or so from the border so there is some 'bleed over' there.