Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Sync services is awesome!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Microsoft has nothing to do with sync services. That is all Ford's responsibility.

Microsoft only provided the core operating system at first and B-square had botched the original builds of MFT and when Microsoft came back on board to try and fix things it hasn't gotten much better by the sounds of things.

Sync Services is not an MFT only feature, and there really is no need for a clumsy resistive touch screen in a car today personally. Sure it looks pretty, but until it actually works 100% of the time (or near enough as to make almost no difference) its just technology for the sake of technology and therefore I did not want this in my car.

To each his own Suss. That's why manufactures offer different options/packages, MFt is available to those who want it. Some prefer the 5 speed manual transmission over DCT. The same argument could be made there, where until such time that the DCT shifts flawlessly as it should, it becomes another useless annoyance. As with all techonolgy, it improves over time; I assume that will be the case here as well.