Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Sync services is awesome!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

Points 1,302, Level 20
Points: 1,302, Level: 20 Points: 1,302, Level: 20 Points: 1,302, Level: 20
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrApple View Post
I have used the Sync services a few times, but I rather not burn up my cell phone minutes to use the features. Also the interface might be different since I do not have MFT.
Very good point about the cell phone minutes. I hadn't thought about the interface in the non-MFT equipped cars. I assume the experience for you would be similar to having the On-Star feature where you press a button to be connected to On-Star. With the MFT however, Sync Services is completely integrated in to the touch screen environment which appears as any other feature or function. It's so seemless in fact that you don't even recognize that you're connected via cell phone. All the voice prompts and the familiar voice sound the same. Honestly, I think the critics have given this system a bad rap. It truly is one of the most advanced in car info-tainment systems I've seen and while it may not be perfect, living with computers seldom is....whether they be on your desk, on your phone or in a car. I'm truly impressed with what Ford has done and I beleive they are going in the right direction with this technology. With time the system will become even better.