Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ford recall: 1.6L Ecoboost catching fire
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #23
SydneyRoo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86671
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 SydneyRoo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'd still like to see the new Escape offered with a 2.0L Duratorq Diesel engine here in North America (or at least Canada :p). It would suit the Escape perfectly - it would not be overly laboured like the small displacement turbo engines, the massive low end torque would haul the heavier vehicle with ease, and the highway fuel economy would be phenomenal. 45 mpg highway? Yes please! They already use the engine in Europe and it's been around long enough that the bugs should be worked out of it.

I did rent a 2.0 ecoboost Escape to do a road trip to Chicago last month, I loved the car (it was loaded too), had GOBS of power (compared to my Focus lol) and didn't seem to have any turbo lag whatsoever. But I couldn't live with it as my own daily driver due to the fuel economy it got. 1000 mile trip only averaged 25.5 US mpg. Better than a V6 I suppose but not good enough for a 4 banger for my liking.