Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Sync services is awesome!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

Points 1,290, Level 19
Points: 1,290, Level: 19 Points: 1,290, Level: 19 Points: 1,290, Level: 19
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sync services is awesome!

Well....it's been two weeks ago as of today that I bought my Ti hatchback. In that time I've had the opportunity to take advantage of most of the car's features, except for Sync Services. So this morning on my 45 minute commute to work I decided to check out the "Services" that Sync offers and boy was I impressed!

I learned that by saying, "Tell me my choices" Sync will list all of the different commands that you can use. I listened to business and top news stories, in addition to technology and entertainment news. The best part was it was all commercial free and it was personalized based on the criteria I set up on syncmyride.com, last evening. Sync told me the weather for where my trip originated and the best part was it also gave me the weather for my travel destination while I was enroute, in addition to traffic along the way. Wow! All I can say is, AWESOME! I even checked some stock quotes and a couple movie listings in my area. This thing could become addictive.

The entire time I used voice commands to navigate through the system and it was totally 100% error free. The voice command system worked flawlessly and the only time I pressed a button was when I ended my Sync session.

For all the criticsm that Sync/Ford MyTouch has received, all I can say is that those who do not have it are really missing out. Overall the system works very well. Before the 3.5.1 update I had only a couple minor glitches which the update seems to have corrected. Sure you can live without all the extra features, but the question is why would you want to? It takes driving the Focus to a whole different level. The system has features that my Lexus doesn't even have.