Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Who's got an ST?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #27
FlankerDFR
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90863
What I Drive: 2013 Blk ST2

FF Reputation: 1 FlankerDFR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Bought my black ST2 on Nov 26; I'm averaging 25.2 MPG as I approach 1000 miles. Threw a set of 17 x 7.5 Sport Edition rims with 215/45R/17 General Altimax Arctic snows on it (Tire Rack via local tire store) for the winter months. Had the dealer swap those out before I left with the car; be interesting to get some real seat time with the stock 18" rims and summer tires on it next year after the snow and cold are gone. Got 6 + inches of snow the other day.........drives fine in it and the minimal road ice we've had. Replaced the stock carpet floor mats with the Husky molded floor liners I had in my SE. Took it in to a local auto detailer shop that first week and had a good coat of wax put on it for the winter months (looked good for about a day ).

Got the rattle up by the sunglasses storage (had that at about 5 months with the SE/Spt I traded on the ST--starting to wonder if that's a common thing with Foci), which needs dealer attention, and I ditched the stock headlight & fog bulbs for the set of Luminix Ti White bulbs I had in the SE (VERY pleased with them). Seats look great; at 6' 2"--175 lbs; I'm not real bulky and I think the seats (not the backs) are too bleeping narrow......they need to be 3/4" wider.

Turns out I like the touch screen thing better than I thought I would (I've always been sneeringly dismissive of them). It's easier to adjust than the mechanical controls; though it looks like * after a few miles from all the finger tip smears........had to invest in more Wal Mart lens cleaner! I liked the stock 6 speaker stereo and CD/radio in my SE, however the Sony 10 spkr system in the ST is an upgrade you can hear!

The motor is much stronger from the ground up than the base 2.0 in my SE. Owned a 2003 WRX a few years ago, had a turbo back exhaust, CAI, and piggy back ECU chip, and mechanical single stage boost controller (set at 16 PSI) on that. The ST's power production is very reminiscent of that. AND........I ordered an FSWerks SCT yesterday................be interesting to see how the ST feels after I reflash my ECU!

Oh yea...............hatches are still ugly pieces of * (sorry, I just like sedans/coupes better); wish the ST was available as a sedan! The the ST ground effects do mitigate the boxy hatch appearance somewhat. The trunk space in the hatch is less useful than the standard trunk on my SE sedan (obviously the hatch has much more room with the R seats folded).