Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #208
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

Points 322, Level 6
Points: 322, Level: 6 Points: 322, Level: 6 Points: 322, Level: 6
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysteven View Post
I have couple of questions to the FORUM!!
I guess you guys know my problem. I had clutch replaced at around 10kmiles. 300 miles later its all came back. Now Iam at 13800miles, still driving annoyingly.
I looked at the receipt, it says they replaced clutch only without seal.
So question is; how quick oil can damage clutch again(300miles?), and if so, how much oil contamination needed to do the damage? I would imagine it have to be a lot, and I don't see any oily seems between engine and DCT.
And the other one; we all know if Ford did repair clutch ones, they not gonna do it again, they will drag me thru the mud and refuse to pay. So question is: how expansive is to have it done with proffecional shop(materials an labor)? I was thinking if they not gonna do anything at my next oil change that will be my exit strategy, sadly, but I think I have to do it at my cost. Cause so freaking annoying to drive with rattling and shuddering(kills me most). Plus MPG, getting 33-34 HWY, not like used to.
And last but not least; does anyone had a luck to offer to the dealer half of the cost to have all repaired? I know they shouldn't charge anything, since under warranty, but anyway they would be HAPPIER/Faster to do so.
Thx
Steven
I have read several posts where the dealer had to pull the transmission out and replace the seal, clutch(s) and throwout bearing(s). There is a TSB to the dealers about leaking oil showing at bottom of bell housing.

See Cory here at this board to have your issue escalated, you CAN get this fixed if you are pro-active.

All my transmission issues disappeared when the cold new england weather hit and/or 13,000 miles, your choice.

my point is, the shudder/hesitation can NOT be normal if it can disappear.

read the many posts here and you will likely know more about these transmissions than your local dealer.