drdab99
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107107
What I Drive: 2013 performance blue Ti

FF Reputation: 2 drdab99 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New Member / New Owner with DCT questions

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here while making up my mind about a new car. My choices were between a Cruze, Mazda 3, and the Focus. The test drive convinced me, and I pick up my 2013 Ti hatch (performance blue) in 3 days.

I'm going into this with eyes wide open in regard to the DCT issues, and I have a few questions which I wonder if you all would be so kind to answer for me. This is a very impressive forum and I look forward to using this site as a great information source. Here are my questions:

1. Is there any objective data as to the actual percentage of cars which have had issues?

2. It seems that there are fewer 2013 owners posting with problems. Can I assume from this that the software updates have at least greatly reduced the issues?

3. Are there any hesitation issues when using Sport/manual mode? Truthfully, I plan on using that mode most often on my daily commute which takes me thru some beautiful countryside with great newly paved two-lane roads - my favorite kind of driving. I had to give up my beloved 5 speed because my wife has left hip issues which makes it difficult for her to use a clutch. I know the experience won't be the same, but it's as close as I can get.

Thanks in advance for your help. I look forward to spending a lot of time here in the future.