Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #206
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101029
What I Drive: 2012 oxford white sel, H2, F-150

FF Reputation: 1 Ysteven Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have couple of questions to the FORUM!!
I guess you guys know my problem. I had clutch replaced at around 10kmiles. 300 miles later its all came back. Now Iam at 13800miles, still driving annoyingly.
I looked at the receipt, it says they replaced clutch only without seal.
So question is; how quick oil can damage clutch again(300miles?), and if so, how much oil contamination needed to do the damage? I would imagine it have to be a lot, and I don't see any oily seems between engine and DCT.
And the other one; we all know if Ford did repair clutch ones, they not gonna do it again, they will drag me thru the mud and refuse to pay. So question is: how expansive is to have it done with proffecional shop(materials an labor)? I was thinking if they not gonna do anything at my next oil change that will be my exit strategy, sadly, but I think I have to do it at my cost. Cause so freaking annoying to drive with rattling and shuddering(kills me most). Plus MPG, getting 33-34 HWY, not like used to.
And last but not least; does anyone had a luck to offer to the dealer half of the cost to have all repaired? I know they shouldn't charge anything, since under warranty, but anyway they would be HAPPIER/Faster to do so.
Thx
Steven