Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2000-2004 F-Sport Bumper Group Buy
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #495
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74686
What I Drive: '03 ZX3

Points 7,653, Level 58
Points: 7,653, Level: 58 Points: 7,653, Level: 58 Points: 7,653, Level: 58
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 7 Mile30 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
That body line could also be worked over a tad in prep if you're that concerned with it. Lou; that car looks damn-fine! I am sweating profusely now after finally reading this thread after a month!

I'm also relieved Khurram posted in defense and offered an "out"... I pray I won't go that route!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5ive View Post
I figure now the flaring had to do with the part being copied. On the car the original may have lined up and possibly not flared much but off the car it probably flared which was not noticed by the overseas people who made the mold. The original f2 bumper had some issues with flaring.
My guess on the flaring issue has to do with the material's curing process. If a molded piece is left unsupported before it's fully cured it settles or flares (whatever you wanna call it; stuff moves a tad) whichever way gravity sees fit. Try using heat to bend a straw; it's all gravy until you take a hand off one side and the plastic droops as it cools... same principle. That being said: glass windows are, chemically speaking, not solid. Old windows look funny because the material "slides" down itself and makes the bottom of the window pane thicker. I don't believe Extreme Dimensions could've done much to prevent the nature of the beast, short of a Chinese-Test-Fitter figuring this out before it all went out, or bracing the fender-sides of the bumper with wood or something... which would've made the price do crazy shit!