Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - IMPORTANT: ALL MK3 Focus Owners, I could use your input.
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #293
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 JCW GP

Points 2,504, Level 30
Points: 2,504, Level: 30 Points: 2,504, Level: 30 Points: 2,504, Level: 30
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptcv1 View Post
zillon best of luck with the new ride! (I came from VW CC 2.0T was kinda soft for a front wheel turbo and hated the torque steer.. hope the GTi is stifffer and not as prone to torque steer)
I also hope Ford assists you in the sale and absorbs some of the financial impact.. in any event something tells me that what you saw you enterprtted as "beyond repair" and made you jump ship right away.. (wandering if the purchasing dealer mentioned anything to you related to clunk..) I think at this point we are open to trade-in tactic hints!
thanks for all your help, lets see some GTi pics!
I don't know if I'd go as far as saying that the issue is beyond repair, but Ford doesn't seem to have any desire to fix it. Of course, now that I'm jumping ship, I'm sure a TSB will probably be issued in a matter of weeks. Hopefully that's not the case, but that would be my luck.

I feel pretty strongly that it does have to do with the airgap in the pinch weld at the strut tower and firewall junction, but I don't have the time to do any research on validating that hypothesis.

And Ford, give me assistance to get out of the car? Surely, you jest. I've simply had enough. Luckily I have a good personal relationship with my VW dealer, so they were able to give some extra massaging of the numbers in getting me out of the Ford and into the GTI. I still took a heavy hit on the trade, but I'm at least above KBB.