Originally Posted by Chickenmuffn
When I got my UK Focus' the dealership told me that there is only one way to lock the key in the car.
You have to lock your car with the fob, then press the trunk release button on your fob. Open the truck, throw your keys in, and close the trunk. The car then locks.
That might work on a sedan, but it doesn't on a hatch. I'm also sad to report that the lead-lined film bag I ordered from Amazon doesn't work either.
So here's my best solution, found in my basement so it didn't cost me a penny.
I'll be on the lookout for something smaller, but at least this works!
How to lock fob in car:
1. Lock doors with the dash button.
2. Remove emergency key from fob.
3. Put fob in metal box.
4. Get out and close the door. Doors will stay locked.
5. If desired, hide emergency key in a magnetic key box and hide it under the vehicle.
6. When you open the door with the emergency key, you have about 10 seconds to take the key out of the box and push the start button before all hell breaks loose.