Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus exploding sunroof on local news
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #32
IH84DZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101801
What I Drive: 03 CD silver SVT 5 door

FF Reputation: 5 IH84DZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
So how would one accidentally break their sunroof glass?

Baseball or such thrown through it is one thing, but to claim it just broke because she was cleaning the snow or ice off it improperly, how?

Except for a sharp impact or somebody pouring boiling water on frozen glass, I don't see how one could accidentally just break it. It is tempered glass like your other windows, they should be pretty tough.

If this lady were the only one, it would be fishy.
She is not the only one.

By refusing to cover this, Ford isn't just being cheap, they are calling this lady a liar by insisting she did it.
There aren't too many things that get me upset, but being accused of being a liar is one of them.
Speculating on how an individual could break some glass is silly. People find ways to screw up un-screw-up-able stuff all the time and I don't find it difficult to imagine someone breaking a sunroof.

Besides, by your logic it's happened more than once so there must be a trend here... Use the same logic to compare how many foci there are out there with sunroofs compared to the reported cases of sunroofs exploding.

It also spans other brands with different sunroof designs. How does that factor in your experiment.

You obviously don't have experience in these matters because there isn't a business in the world that admits responsibility in a matter that isn't fully understood. If you feel so bad about it - send her a check.

450 people die every year in the US alone from falling out of bed. There are much more silly, frequent and serious issues out there than a few freak exploding sunroof panels.

All this rhetoric aside - exactly how is this NOT an appropriate matter for insurance?