Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Sterling Grey Photos!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #231
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
I am jealous of your wheels. What happened to your Kona Blue focus?
Haha funny because I first wanted the SEL rims, they look so nice like BBS or something

so funny story this is my third focus in 2 years...

First one I bought in March '11, it was an '11 SES auto coming from a trashed beat up POS Celica. No interest, tons of rebates, A-plan, solid deal. Drove it two months and couldnt live with an automatic, and I had my eye on the '12's since they were such phenomenal improvements

so 2 months later I traded up to a brand new '12 SE loaded (MANUAL) in May '11, A plan, no incentives and a shitty Ford interest rate. Drove it in bliss until this past December in which I accumulated a little over 34,000 miles in a year and a half (no exaggeration), and that was without any long trips, just my commute.

got cold feet as I saw the bumper to bumper expiring and the miles coming on FAST. Decided if I was gonna live with this car for the long haul, i want all the ing toys lol (I drove the Celica to 215k miles, typical for our family)! Plus now Ford had sick rebates ($2,895), got a great interest rate for a new purchase, and A plan again. Took my '12 Kona blue to literally 6 or 7 different dealers and played hardball until finally one caved and gave me almost what I owed on it, which is incredible considering its manual with 34k miles on it.

found this SE manual SG with every SE option on it except black package. Same monthly payments and same loan length, MUCH more loaded car, and now no one says I drive a purple car! I hope I actually keep this one lol.

On top of that Ford made numerous miscel. changes from the '12-'13 that made a huge difference in quality, feel, ergonomics, etc. I love these cars