Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Accident not on carfax, Can i sell to carmax without issue?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
k1ngkev1n1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103124
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 k1ngkev1n1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotfocus View Post
The right thing would obviously be to be honest, common sense.

But if you can get over on people and still sleep at night, then go ahead and not say anything.

If they can't tell it was in an accident, and all work done was done perfectly, then you will obviously get more $$ than if they find out it was in a collision. Especially a 10k$ worth of damage. Hell my new a4 had a tree fall on it and they repainted the whole car and fixed lots of damages and was 8k. Your car probably should be salvaged, so to be fair I'd tell the truth so buyers would know what there getting into.

But if your all about the pennies and the dimes, go ahead and lie.

What goes around comes around my friend.

P.S. I don't mean to be a douche, but if I bought a car that had 10k in damage and you tried to hide it, I'd look for you and find you. :)

Sent from my Nexus S using FF Mobile
No i understand, the cost was high because it was replaced all brand new parts nothing after market basically was front bumper back bumper hood no mechanical damage lots of cosmetics. SO basically all the parts are brand new and everyhting is fine. Im pretty sure the shop just charged up the butt because insurance was paying for everything anyways so they knew they would get 100% of the repairs paid.