Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Accident not on carfax, Can i sell to carmax without issue?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
1hotfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 82813
What I Drive: 00' sedan

FF Reputation: 7 1hotfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngkev1n1 View Post
Curious i was in an accident with my 2 month old ford focus. It was 10k in damages to the car. Can i sell to carmax and do i have to say that i just got in a accident or anyhting or they just inspect it and give me a quote?> I checked carfax and shows nothing about the accident on there.
The right thing would obviously be to be honest, common sense.

But if you can get over on people and still sleep at night, then go ahead and not say anything.

If they can't tell it was in an accident, and all work done was done perfectly, then you will obviously get more $$ than if they find out it was in a collision. Especially a 10k$ worth of damage. Hell my new a4 had a tree fall on it and they repainted the whole car and fixed lots of damages and was 8k. Your car probably should be salvaged, so to be fair I'd tell the truth so buyers would know what there getting into.

But if your all about the pennies and the dimes, go ahead and lie.

What goes around comes around my friend.

P.S. I don't mean to be a douche, but if I bought a car that had 10k in damage and you tried to hide it, I'd look for you and find you. :)

Sent from my Nexus S using FF Mobile