Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Complete Work Order that fixed my DCT problems in my 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #60
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamakh View Post
Called the dealership rep this morning. No update on when the parts will ship and they have 10 cars with the same problem sitting on their lot waiting for parts.

I purchased a Ford this time around because I live in Michigan and my grandfather retired from Ford. So instead of driving my Ford Titanium I'm now forced to drive a Nissan POS rental lunchbox on wheels, dealership ran out of vehicles, until Ford sends more parts. Ug, I want my car back!
They really should not have any cars on the lot waiting, including yours. When they(dealer) diagnose the problem as per TSB 11-12-13, they give you back your car while they wait for the parts to come in (the trans does not need to be removed to diagnose this issue)... it took about 3 weeks for my clutch parts to arrive, but, I was still driving my car during that time frame. Its not going to hurt anything, I mean, you've been driving your car this long with contaminated clutches.... LOL. Time for a new dealer, Ford will not re-imburse them for a rental or loaner while the car sits waiting for parts when the car is perfectly fine to drive in the meantime. I know its not your fault or problem, but, I find it amusing how many dealers keep the customers car for a week or longer waiting for clutch parts when its just one day job, and the dealer should be giving the car back to the customer after the original diagnosis.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)