Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Complete Work Order that fixed my DCT problems in my 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #58
Tamakh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87813
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Tamakh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE1981 View Post
Just another update....not jumping the gun here yet, but the car, while it's not doing the shudder between first and second, and second into third now, nor is it grinding, the shifting has once again "reverted" (there really is no other word I can think of here to describe that) to a somewhat rough shift in the early gears. I even put the car into S Mode this morning, and coming up to a stop sign I stopped, stepped on the gas to go, and nothing happened....the car then jerked into gear and away I went.
Mine just had the same problem. Burning smell, tachometer going nuts, transmission too hot please brake warning, and it just completely shut down. I had to have it towed to my local dealership and of course the next day they couldnt get it to do it again. They said something about it leaking oil between the engine and trans after taking stuff apart and that they have the part on order BUT the part is on back order with no shipping date....