Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 focus
Thread: 2012 focus
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #43
Tamakh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87813
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Tamakh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My 2012 Focus Titanium (built 04/26/2011) has 21,000 miles and I drive 100 miles a day. I did notice the occasional hesitation/shudder, but didnt know what was going on until I started reading the forums again. Then on Friday my tachometer started going nuts up and down. The car was having a hard time not stalling out. From a stop it would shudder then finally get up to speed. After about 10 min of this it just completely shutdown and a burning smell started. The transmission light flashed on then went away before I could send a vehicle report. I had it towed to the local dealership that evening and of course the next day they were unable to get it to do it again. Their transmission guy drove it for the weekend and said they couldnt get it to do it again, but after taking apart the transmission they found oil between the engine and trans. The rep said to come get the car because the parts were on back order with no shipping date. I told the rep I drive 100 miles a day and I need a car thats not going to burst into flames, so now they have me in a Nissan POS death trap until the day the parts get shipped. I have owned a lot of cars and have NEVER had this kind of problem before. Was not a good weekend.

Last edited by Tamakh; 12-11-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: build date added