Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
C264
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 62875
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 C264 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
TPMS programming failure issue

I have a 2013 ST and I purchased a set of 9L3T-1A180-A TPMS sensors to be mounted in my winter wheels. I also purchased the FORDTRIGGER 8C2Z-1A203-A to program them.

I was able to enter into the TPMS programming mode successfully with the method described on the TireRack .pdf (using the push-button start activation method). Each time I got the center display telling me I should go out and program my front left tire, I would put the transmitter on the sidewall adjacent to the valve stem, press the button on the transmitter, and the little LED goes on, off in 5 seconds, but no confirmation horn. I pressed it again and again and again until finally the vehicle goes out of programming mode (horn chirps twice) and tells me that the programming has failed and to restart the process. So, I restarted the process three times to no avail.

I then tried to program the TPMS by entering the programming mode using the hazard button method described on these boards. There I also successfully entered the mode, but when I deflated the tires, nothing happened (no horn chirp).

What could be wrong?

Do I have the right sensors and transmitter for a 2013 ST (9L3T-1A180-A TPMS12 & 8C2Z-1A203-A TPMS19, respectively)?

Please help. Thanks!

1976 Lancia Scorpion