Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - anybody have door sill guards?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
5speed SE
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106877
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Grey SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 5speed SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flingwing1969 View Post
Installation was easy - requires a bit of care to get the plate into the proper position before sticking it down - it uses 3M tape. Quality is very good, mine has been on for a year now, 18k and only a few scratches from scuffing feet. I like them. Only available for the front doors.
thanks for your input... i was really hoping for fronts and rears but i don't think that'd be a real deal breaker for me anyways as i rarely have back seat passengers... i have a set of door sill guards on my Challenger and absolutely love them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
Actually it does look very nice. I think I'd personally prefer a satin or brushed finish and of course a set for the rear passenger doors. It drives me crazy how manufacturers skip these kind of things. The same applies to the LED illumination kit that comes on my car. There are lights in the driver/front passenger footwells, cupholders and driver/front passenger door panels. One unique feature that I think is quite nice is when either the driver/front passenger door is opened, the LED lights in the door panel change color and brightness to BRIGHT RED. I prefer to drive with a more subdued blue, either light or dark blue, but whenever I open a door, for safety reasons (oncoming traffic) the LED's change colors. What a neat idea. Now here's the question....why not have that installed on rear passenger doors? If it makes sense to include it for the front, wouldn't the same logic apply to the rear? Well anyway, I digress.
you bring up some valid points for sure! brushed aluminum would look awesome, especially on my car since there really isn't anything "chromed out" on it... the closest thing would be my painted cast aluminum wheels but still not even close...