Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Place to Stash a Gun?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
WavesOfFury
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105775
What I Drive: 2013 Black Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 WavesOfFury Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
we know the city and car down to its very features haha

can I ask why we are driving around with guns? Not trying to start a gun ownership argument or anything, but why would you ever need one with you while you drive unless your a cop or drug dealer? If its just for 'piece of mind, cool, but I wana know
Better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it. I carry concealed, but a gun in the waistband or pocket is inaccessible while seated in a car. I choose not to rely solely on the police as my own personal bodyguards since an overwhelming majority of the time they only arrive after a crime has been committed. I'd rather have the tools at my disposal to protect myself and others in the moment than have to rely on the goodness of the criminal's heart that he might only take my car/belongings if I gave them to him and not kill me on top of it all (as is what happens quite often).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
It'd go a long way toward thwarting a stoplight carjacking. Won't help you much if you're in a parking lot and you haven't gotten into the car yet.
This. True, it's not much good if I'm not in the car, but sometimes I forget/intentionally leave my carry gun at home and it's nice to know I at least have something somewhat close.