Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus RS engine in SVT??
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTisRight4me View Post
ok so i have a 2004 3 door SVT. as we all know its a fast cornering car but not as fast as others in the straight. i was hopeing to find a RS engine from the same model focus. the First gen. does any one know how hard it would be? What all would i need to change out? whats different? not sure if im going to do this for sure. but if i get a second car then i would most likely do it if my new car is a cheap car that is a good daily driver. i want to change it out because i would like a engine that comes stock with turbos. and i would put bigger turbos on it. Thanks.
You can find the RS engine if you search the Mexico for sale section every now and then one turns up

The easy thing to do would be to add my DIY turbo kit to your engine and I can also tune it remote and be done with it , no need in loosing the VCT as it works fine with boost , the stock engine would run a long long time at 250-260 to the wheels

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus