Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Disconnect both front sway bar end links?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
kimszoo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106993
What I Drive: 2000 Toreador Red SE

FF Reputation: 1 kimszoo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslave60 View Post
I had my front sway bar break loose and it affected some things, but the number one noticeable one was going high speeds on the highways. Does it feel like your car is getting pushed by high speed winds, but your body is going the opposite way in a sickening motion that doesn't seem physically possible? Yeah, that's the feeling of your sway bar needing to get fixed. I didn't drive it on the highways until I was able to get it fixed.
My car feels fine while I've got my foot on the gas, or steering around a curve, under load. It's when I let off completely that it feels like the front shifts one way then the other then back to center. It's a brief sensation, not felt in the steering wheel, and can be avoided by slowing down slowly instead. I'm unable to avoid highways, I live in the boonies, but I've certainly become a slower driver. I will never get a speeding ticket :D