Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Disconnect both front sway bar end links?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #10
kimszoo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106993
What I Drive: 2000 Toreador Red SE

FF Reputation: 1 kimszoo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdwales View Post
The struts in the front are the same. There isnt a left only and right only strut. If your control arm has play fix that first. That's prolly it issue. I also have spare new control arms if u were interested but pm me about that.

Also replace the sway bar enlinks they r cheap, $28 each from ford dealer.

The struts themselves are the same, yes, but the bracket that holds one end of the sway bar endlink is on the opposite side from where it should be on the driver's side. I'd be trying to attach the endlink around the strut. That was what I noticed looked wrong, and why the endlink that was there was very bent before it broke, I'm not sure how someone managed to install it at all. So in order to have an endlink on the drivers side I would have to replace the strut again. But between car and house repairs recently, I'm quite broke. I'm a single mom and supporting 5 people on one income doesn't leave much extra.
I've found control arms for $48 each, it's the best price I've found locally, so will be doing them next payday.
I'm wondering if I would be smarter to do an alignment after that and drive as is, or save for another strut before aligning? The struts are less than 2 weeks old.