Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - anybody have door sill guards?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 05:49 AM   #12
5speed SE
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106877
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Grey SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 5speed SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatogcarvalho View Post
I ordered mine from PartsCheap along with the engine cover, both OEM: http://www.partscheap.com/Default.asp

We have a couple of options on eBay but I really didn't like the look of most of them. The OEM version seems to have more quality than others. The downside is that we just have it for the front doors. But from my point of view is not really a problem.

Installed them myself this weekend on my car and it looks very good!

The installation was easy, just required a little bit of patience to measure both sides to align them on the same spot.

I will take some pictures this week and post here!

Really recommend it.
thanks a lot for the link... although not my first choice, the more i look at those sill guards the more they are starting to grow on me! i too was thinking about getting the engine cover as well... i know it's just a piece of plastic but atleast it would kinda clean up the engine bay a bit...

what are your thoughts on why Ford discontinued installing the engine covers from the factory? was it just to save money or do you think they tend to trap too much heat ?

thanks again!