Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ford Buy Back!
Thread: Ford Buy Back!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #94
sldghmr
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56236
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF, 2003 F-350, 1967 GT-500

Points 1,207, Level 19
Points: 1,207, Level: 19 Points: 1,207, Level: 19 Points: 1,207, Level: 19
Level Up 7% Completed
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 6 sldghmr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
As you said, whether the "investment" retains its value or even grows in value really depends on the car. Many 60s American muscle cars are now selling at 7 to 25 times (and more) their original prices. I don't see a lot of collectible cars in today's selection of cars, but, there will be a few.
I honestly think that if Ford were to do a fraction of the new ST's coming out in an RS form, you'd have the makings of a modern day collectible. But not a "let's put it in a hermitically sealed bubble" one. A driver, a real car. Would it be priced just outside of 'normal'?? Yep, you bet. Wait a year or two...listen to the short comings of the ST, build the fixes into an RS along w/a few tweeks and let'em rip!
#449 of 1978 - Black on Black
JRSC w/BBK, McNews's tune, ORP, K&N air, R3d_RovrZX3 3rd brake conversion w/blinkers, FRPP strut tower bar, cross drilled rotors, HPS pads, SS brake lines, lit door locks, Torsen LSD, Centerforce clutch & flywheel...