View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #70
renatogcarvalho
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106359
What I Drive: 2012 SE Sport Package HB

FF Reputation: 1 renatogcarvalho Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I got these AC knobs this week and installed them this weekend.

I liked the final outcome. Much nicer than the original look but... it was very hard to remove the original knobs. I couldn't remove them without damaging.

And unfortunately I have an issue. The knob from the passenger side is turning 360 degrees, it's kind of loose. I tried to unplug the knob and plug it again, but it's even hard to remove it. And I think these knobs are not thick enough for turning it.

I decided to order the OEM knobs assembly from Tusca Parts on eBay and go to my Ford dealer and ask them to install. I'm afraid of installing them myself and don't want to screw my car up.

Hope you guys have a better luck.

PS: I have a question for you though. Do you guys think that the black plastic trim (the area where we have the markings from the climate control) that surrounds the AC knobs comes with this part? I don't know how to call it, sorry.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-OE...16522f&vxp=mtr

I'm asking this because unfortunately due to the process of me trying to remove them I have some little scratches on it that I want to get rid of. I got really frustrated while I was trying to remove it! :(

Last edited by renatogcarvalho; 12-10-2012 at 12:45 AM.